Versailles Palace and Gardens Full Access Day Passes
stay as long as you want
- Enjoy full access to the Palace and Gardens of Versailles
- Learn more about the "Sun King" and other legends of the French Monarchy thanks to your audio guide
- Take a stroll through the formal and informal gardens (on dates when the Fountain Show is unavailable)
- Visit the private estate of Marie Antoinette
- Watch the fountains light up to the sound of music (optional)
- Stroll through the dazzling Hall of Mirrors
In a few wordsVisit the Palace and Gardens of Versailles with a pre-booked full access pass. Explore the ornate State Apartments and breathtaking Hall of Mirrors inside the official residence of the French monarchy from 1682 to 1789. Learn more about Louis XIV and other French royals with a complimentary audio guide.
In detailLocated just 30 minutes from central Paris by train, Versailles was a sleepy village until Louis XIII began to build a hunting lodge there in 1623. By the end of the century, continued expansion saw the town and castle become the symbolic center of the absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime.
Louis XIV moved the royal family to the palace in 1682, and 2 enormous new wings were added during a 2nd phase of building (1678-1715). Your pass allows you to visit the State Apartments built by Le Vau. Get a sense of life in the French court as you take a walk through the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Stroll through the legendary gardens at your own pace, and admire fountains, sculptures, and beautifully manicured lawns.
You will also enjoy access to the Grand and Petit Trianon in their own grounds. See where the Sun King would entertain in private, and where he would go to escape the rigors of court life. Then, go to Marie Antoinette s Estate, and discover where she would seek refuge in private.
- Entrance ticket to the Palace, avoiding the ticket purchase lines
- Access to the Grand Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors, the King Chamber, the Queen Chamber and the Apartments of Mesdames
- Access to the Palace of Versailles gardens depending on date of visit and option booked
- Audio guide available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian
Good to know
- Palace entrance is free for children under 18 years old, and EU citizens under 25 years old. In both cases it is not necessary to book a ticket but a valid form of identification is required. Non-EU citizens between 18 and 25 need to buy a ticket
- Please note that you may experience some waiting time at the security check at the entrance of the Palace of Versailles. You can only skip-the-line for the cash desk with this entrance ticket
- There is an additional fee to access the gardens for the dates with the Fountain Show. Please check the different product options and book accordingly
- Fountain shows take place on: Saturdays and Sundays from 1 April - 29 October 2017; Tuesdays from 23 May - 27 June 2017; and Friday 14 April 2017, Thursday 25 May 2017, Friday 14 July 2017, Tuesday 15 August 2017
- Arrive early to avoid the crowds! In high season, the Palace can be very crowded in the morning; go to the gardens first, then go to the Palace in the middle of the afternoon
Present your voucher directly at the Palace entrance. Arrive early - 08:45 - to avoid the long lines at the security check in high season. Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles.
Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund
Value for money
I do not have words to express how beautiful Versailles is! It made us travel through history.
good, but the line for security checks was long